Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas Strip South, Las Vegas, USA
Las Vegas is the 28th-most populated city in the United States, the most populated city in the state of Nevada, and the county seat of Clark County.
The city bills itself as The Entertainment Capital of the World, and is famous for its mega casino–hotels and associated activities. It is a top three destinations in the United States for business conventions and a global leader in the hospitality industry, claiming more AAA Five Diamond hotels than any other city in the world. Today, Las Vegas annually ranks as one of the world's most visited tourist destinations.
Interesting Facts about Las Vegas:
- More than 41 million people visit Las Vegas each year.
- Las Vegas was rated one of the top 10 locations in the country for great food (a "aven").
- Over 22,000 conventions are held in Las Vegas every year.
- The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, located downtown in Symphony Park, ranked 10th among theater venues throughout the world for ticket sales.
- At 1,149 feet, the Stratosphere is the tallest observation tower in the United States and the second tallest free-standing structure west of the Mississippi River.
- With its millions of lights, Las Vegas is considered the brightest spot on Earth.
- Las Vegas is home to more than half of the 20 largest hotels in the world.
- McCarran International Airport is the seventh busiest airport in the United States and North America.
- Downtown's Golden Gate is the oldest continuously operating hotel and casino in Las Vegas; it opened in 1906 as Hotel Nevada.
- Annual rainfall in Las Vegas totals slightly more than four inches.